- Try to have a small meal or snack 60 minutes before your appointment. Please refrain from using recreational drugs or consuming alcohol on the day of your treatments. Your practitioner has the right to cancel your appointment if you arrive for treatment under the influence of drugs or alcohol and you will be responsible for the full fee for service if your appointment is cancelled for such reasons.
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothing, as Acupuncture therapy requires the palpation of various parts of the body, such as arms, legs, back, and abdomen. Yoga or exercise type clothing works very well. You can bring clothing to change into if you are coming from an event or work. If that is impossible, draping can be provided to ensure modesty.
- Please try to arrive 5-10 minutes early for your appointment in case you need to use the lavatory, request a receipt for services rendered or if you need a few minutes to relax and enjoy a seasonal herbal tea or spring water before your session.
- In consideration of our environmentally sensitive patients, we ask that you refrain from wearing perfume or strongly scented oils/toiletries/lotions on the day you visit the Center. Please also refrain from wearing excessive jewelry as some metals may interfere with Acupuncture therapy.
- We know that everyone may have different preferences when it comes to personal hygiene practices. We ask that you shower and use deodorant on the day you visit the Center.
- Once you arrive at the Center, please turn your cell phone off. If you need to make a call, kindly do so in the vestibule or hallway outside the center before your session begins, to avoid disrupting others while they are in treatment. For emergency purposes, you may keep your phone close to your person in a non-ringing mode.